Customers can expect that if we come to your door we will:
- Show you our City of Bellevue-issued photo ID card.
- Encourage you to phone Bellevue Utilities, at 425-452-7840, to verify who we are.
- Only enter your home with your permission.
- Never ask you to pay the person at the door with cash or check for utility charges.
- Not solicit work, such as plumbing on your property, that Bellevue Utilities does not typically provide.
- Water shutoffs for non-payment are rarely immediate and include door tag notification and/or calls from the utility.
If anyone approaches you and states they are a Bellevue Utilities or water department employee and does not abide by the guidelines above or makes you uncomfortable, don’t let them in — call 911!