Republic Services offers expanded recycling options year-around for single-family and multifamily residents – two more ways to keep items out of the landfill. Customers can either drop off items at Republic Services Drop-off Recycling Center at 1600 127th Avenue NE or arrange for a special pick up by calling 425-452-4762. The recycling center is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Drop off these items or call 425-452-4762 to schedule a free pick-up
- Fluorescent Tubes & Bulbs: Tubes should be wrapped in paper and secured with tape and no longer than 4 feet, and marked “fluorescent tubes.” Bulbs should be in closed plastic bags. Limit two tubes/bulbs per collection/visit and 10 per year.
- Household Batteries: Place rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries in separate, clear, sealed bags.
- Rigid Plastics: Examples include five-gallon buckets, PVC pipes, laundry baskets, plastic lawn furniture, Big Wheels, coolers, and Nalgene bottles. Size limit: two-feet square. NO CALL NECESSARY FOR PICK-UP: Rigid plastics can be placed in or next to recycle carts on your collection day.
- Scrap Metal: All ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metal, including lids three inches or larger, that are free of wood, plastic, rubber, and other contaminants. NO CALL NECESSARY FOR PICKUP: Scrap metal disposed of curbside should be put in recycle carts and be no larger than two-feet square.
- Small Electronics and Appliances: Limit two-feet square or smaller and less than 60 pounds. Examples include microwave ovens, toaster ovens, irons, computer equipment, TVs, and cellphones.
- Textiles: Place clean, dry clothing and household textiles in clear plastic bags.
- Used Cooking Oil: Seal uncontaminated oil (no large solids) in clean, clear, screw-top, plastic jugs. Label jugs with your name and address. Limit 3 gallons per drop-off and 10 gallons per year.
Drop these items off for free
- Bicycles and Bike Parts
- Hardcover Books
- Styrofoam Blocks: No packing peanuts.
- Small Propane Cylinders: Cylinders must be empty – no tanks.
For a fee, call 425-452-4762 for a pick-up
- Bulky Waste: For a fee, large appliances, such as refrigerators, freezers, stoves, dishwashers, clothes washing machines or dryers, water heaters, furniture, mattresses, and other similar large items can be picked up.
- Construction Materials: Call for pricing.